Random musings and activities of a 30 something mom, potential sprint triathlete, vegetarian, dog and cat owner, and a evolving urban homesteader just trying to do the right thing in life for my daughter and the world around us. If the blog seems random, it's because life is and hits us all at 100mph.
Wednesday, April 21, 2010

PostHeaderIcon Urban Homesteading Musings : Backyard Beekeeping

.

A twitter feed today caused my ADD to itch.  Combine that with industry mags I get at work telling the woes of how the bee populations in our country are slowly dying and you have my google time suck of the day:

Backyard Beekeeping

I don't like bees.  In fact, I have a strange suspicion based on a sting reaction when I was 11 that I am allergic to them.  Did I let those two facts stop me from researching the possibilities of bees in my backyard?

Nope.  That would just be silly!

Didn't I warn you about my projects that start with the words, "How hard can this be?"

I now am following:

http://twitter.com/beekeeping_Tips

http://twitter.com/abeeorganic

http://twitter.com/HelpSaveBees

and have a few google books boomarked (here's ONE for tonight's reading) and will report back on the feasibility of this project.

Want to know what groups and association of backyard keepers exist in your area?  Try going to this site:  State Honey and Beekeeping Associations.

 Organic bees in my backyard?  This strangely appeals to me. 

.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails Share

Post-Tri Hug

Post-Tri Hug
You did it Mommy!

Me!

Me!
Hood To Coast Relay 2007

Quotes as I come across them......

“Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, an hour, a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it last forever.” ~~~Lance Armstrong

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~~~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

"I like running because it's a challenge. If you run hard, there's the pain----and you've got to work your way through the pain. You know, lately it seems all you hear is 'Don't overdo it' and 'Don't push yourself.' Well, I think that's a lot of bull. If you push the human body, it will respond." ~~~Bob Clarke, Philadelphia Flyers general manager, NHL Hall of Famer. (Will-Weber's "Voices From the Midpack" chapter.)

The reason most people never reach their goals is that they don’t define them, or ever seriously consider them as believable or achievable. Winners can tell you where they are going, what they plan to do along the way, and who will be sharing the adventure with them.~~~Denis Watley

Perhaps the most valuable result of all education is the ability to make yourself do the thing you have to do, when it ought to be done, whether you like it or not; it is the first lesson that ought to be learned; and however early a man's training begins, it is probably the last lesson that he learns thoroughly. ~~~Thomas H. Huxley (1825 - 1895)

Twitter-me-do...

Bloggers' Rights at EFF

Twitter

Followers

Share